Mima Moon 3-in-1 Height Adjustable High Chair | 2014 Announcement
Mima International Limited, in conjunction with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, is conducting a safety recall of a limited number of Mima Moon 3-in-1 Height Adjustable High Chairs. These chairs have been marketed and sold or given away to families that expect or have infants and toddlers. Our records indicate that you may have one of the affected high chairs.
- Please read this entire letter carefully as it contains important safety information, including information about how you can determine whether you have one of the affected high chairs, and the options available to you if you do.
If you believe that you have an affected high chair, please immediately stop using the high chair and contact Mima at (866) 770-0056 or at www.mimakidsusa.com by clicking the “Moon Recall Information” link for additional information about how you can obtain a free repair kit, a replacement high chair, or a full refund.1
- The high chair includes a component called a white ‘T-Bar’ that joins the seat to the metal cylinder attached to the base of the high chair. In a limited batch of high chairs, some of the T-Bar material has shrunken causing the fit between the cylinder and the T-Bar to be approximately 2% less tight than our standard dimensions. There is a risk that the seat may become dislodged from the cylinder if you attempt to carry the product by lifting only the seat. A fall could result or a child crawling on the floor could be impacted by a dislodged seat.
As of the date of this notice, there have been no reported injuries. Five customers have complained that the seat is easily dislodged from the base.
As a safety precaution, we are asking all consumers who believe they may have an affected high chair to immediately stop using the high chair, and to follow the procedures described below for obtaining a free repair kit, a replacement high chair, or a refund of the purchase price.
1 A replacement chair or full refund is available only to those customers who purchased the product. Customers who obtained the product as part of a promotional give-away may receive a free repair kit.
How to determine if you have an affected high chair
- The Mima Moon 3-in-1 high chair has a clear outer shell with a white inner seat that is equipped with removable seat pads in white, camel or black. The chair is approximately 3 feet tall when in its highest position. More information and photographs of the high chair can be found on: http://mimakidsusa.com/products/moon
- The affected 1468 high chairs affected by this safety recall can be identified as follows:
MC00147U to MC00282U | MC00283U to MC00313U | MC00315U to MC00316U
MC00318 to MC00419U | MC00420U to MC00556U | MC00557U to MC00576U
MC00577U to MC00586U | MC00587U to MC00596U | MC00597U to MC00606U
MC00607U to MC00616U | MC00617U to MC00636U | MC00636U to MC00655U
MC00657U to MC00659U | MC00707U to MC00756U | MC00757U to MC00796U
MC00798U to MC00806U | MC00807U to MC00906U | MC00907U to MC00956U
MC00957U to MC01006U | MC01007U to MC01031U | MC01032U to MC01056U
MC01057U to MC01059U | MC01061U to MC01095U | MC01096U to MC01115U
MC01116U to MC01125U | MC01126U to MC01135U | MC01136U to MC01170U
MC01171U to MC01175U | MC01176U to MC01265U | MC01266U to MC01295U
MC01296U to MC01305U | MC01306U to MC01325U | MC01326U to MC01415U
MC01416U to MC01623U
- If you still have the box for the high chair, the serial number may be found on the outside of the box under the UPC bar code sticker. If you no longer have the box for the product, the serial number may be found underneath the base of the high chair. If you have trouble locating the serial number or determining whether you may have an affected high chair, please call Mima at (866) 770-0056, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.Model Numbers: H101C-CL-BB-C; H101C-CL-SW-C; H101C-CL-CM-C; H101C-CL-BB-C; H101C-CL-SW;H101C-CL-CM; H101C-CL-FC; H101C-CL-SV; H101C-CL-AG
- The model number may be found underneath the base of the high chair. If you have trouble locating the model number or determining whether you may have an affected high chair, please call Mima at (866) 770-0056, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- The affected high chairs were sold through the retailers identified below between May 1, 2014 and May 30, 2014, at an approximate retail price of $500. Some of the affected high chairs were also given away for free to audience members at a taping of the Ellen DeGeneres show, which took place on 8 May 2014.
- The following retailers may have sold one or more of the affected high chairs:
ALBEE BABY CARRIAGE
BABY BELLA’S BOUTIQUE
BROOKLYN BABY WORLD, INC
FRANKEL’S JUVENILE SHOP
GIVE WINK N.
GALT TOYS + GALT BABY
Kiddie Hub USA Inc.
BRAUN’S JUVENILE FURNITURE
OH BABY GIFTS
PINK & BLUE
New York, New York
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Brooklyn, New York
Brooklyn, New York
West Hollywood, California
Brooklyn, New York
Monroe, New York
Miami Beach, Florida
Monsey, New York
Orlando , Florida
Lakewood, New Jersey
Freehold, New Jersey
Brooklyn, New York
Cedarhurst, New York
Los Angeles, California
- If you are unsure whether you have an affected high chair, please stop using it immediately and call Mima at (866) 770-0056, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time for assistance.
What to do if you have an affected high chair
- If you believe that you may have an affected high chair, please immediately stop using the high chair and contact Mima toll-free at (866) 770-0056 or visit www.mimakidsusa.com
- If you call Mima at the toll-free number, you will hear a pre-recorded voice message providing more information, and will have an opportunity to speak with a live representative by pressing “0” if you call Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. The pre-recorded voice message will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- If you visit www.mimakidsusa.com and click on the “Moon Recall Information” link, you will also find additional information about the options available to you if you have an affected high chair.
- Mima is offering two options to consumers who have an affected high chair:
- 1) Replacement SeatIf you would like to keep your chair but receive a replacement seat that will solve the problem associated with the product, please call (866) 770-0056 or input your contact details below. Please do not use the high chair while you are waiting to ship the high chair back to Mima. Mima will send you a replacement seat in a matter of weeks.
- 2) RefundIf you would prefer not to obtain a replacement seat, Mima will offer you the option of returning the affected high chair for a full refund. In order to obtain a refund, you will have to send to Mima the affected chair. Mima will pay for your cost of shipping the affected high chair back to Mima. Once Mima receives the affected high chair, Mima will send you a check for the purchase price within approximately four weeks.
What to do if you have additional questions
If you have any questions or need assistance determining whether you may have an affected high chair, please call Mima toll-free at (866) 770-0056 or visit www.mimakidsusa.com and click on the “Moon Recall Information” link.
The toll-free number will have a pre-recorded voice message that will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and that will provide you with information about the recall. You may also speak with a live representative by pressing “0” during the call if you call the toll-free number Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Also, please find enclosed a “Mima Moon Recall – Questions and Answers” document that answers some common questions that you may have about the recall.
Mima apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced.